• 1 3/4 cup cake flour (see tip)
• 1 cup sugar
• 1/2 teaspoons salt
• 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
• 2 large eggs, separated and whites beaten until stiff
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/2 cup orange juice
• 1 stick of butter, softened
Orange Cupcake Recipe Directions
Combine butter, sugar, egg yolks, and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Cream these ingredients together thoroughly.
Mix flour, salt, and baking powder together in a separate mixing bowl. Add dry ingredients to creamed ingredients 1/3 at a time alternating with adding portions of the orange juice to the creamed mixture.
Fold in beaten egg whites. Spoon batter into cupcake liners until 1/2 full.
Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Cool cupcakes completely before frosting with Orange Icing.